Your Weekend Trip Essentials
Enjoying your destination and its weather is crucial when you go on a weekend getaway. Since weekend trips can go by fast, you will want to take advantage of every minute you have. Here are a few things we like to keep in mind when we start to pack. First, learn how to layer. At Threads we are all about layering for fashion purposes but also for convenience. Second, make sure you are comfortable while you’re on your trip. Third, you don’t need as much as you think you do. Once you learn how to dress in layers, you will easily be able to find several outfits with a few staple pieces. Check out our top 15 essentials list that will help you achieve total enjoyment while on your weekend getaway.
- PINK FREE PEOPLE SWEATER – For a brisk spring day, be prepared with a sweater that you can easily layer over what you are wearing.
- ROMPER – Dress the romper down to wear during the day and easily dress it up with wedges during the evening.
- KUT DENIM JACKET – This should be a staple for any spring trip. If it’s cold, layer it over your outfit for the day or bring it along in the evening in case it gets brisk.
- GREY DRESS – Choose a minimalistic dress to pack for a weekend get away. You can use this dress for brunch, an all day adventure, or an evening out with a light jacket.
- BLACK & WHITE SCARF – Wherever you go be sure to grab a scarf, it’s timeless, simple, and it can have multiple uses.
- CORKCICLE – Stay hydrated during your trip with a Corkcicle water bottle. Your beverage will stay cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours.
- SIMPLY PERFECT SUNDAY – The travel kit from Simply Perfect Sunday is essential for many reasons. First, the scent is irresistible. Second, you’ll save a lot of space in your bag. Third, the conditioner is AMAZING!
- QUAY SUNGLASSES – Hit the road with these fun colored lenses and stylish frames.
- LIPSENSE – Lasts all day throughout meals and drinks. It’s small and you only need one color the entire weekend.
- GREEN FREE PEOPLE DESTRUCTED SKINNY JEANS – With fun green bottoms you can easily add personality to your packing list. Let your creativity shine when you pair these pants with different tops.
- LEGGINGS – A necessity for long car rides, late night fast foods runs, or a casual site-seeing stroll.
- TRAVEL BAG – Grab one of our favorite Cut n’ Paste bags that are buttery soft and spacious.
- TENNIS SHOES – Our OTBT tennis shoes are perfect for traveling or wearing with a more casual outfit.
- HAT – For sunny days, grab a fun straw hat. They are light weight and give a beachie vibe to your outfits.
- SORREL SANDAL WEDGES – We recommend the Joanie Lace Sandals from Sorrel. If you are shopping or site seeing, you can easily walk all day in these.