What Do You Do With a Chance
The award–winning creators of The New York Times best sellers What Do You Do With an Idea? and What Do You Do With a Problem? return with a captivating story about a child who isn't sure what to make of a chance encounter and then discovers that when you have courage, take chances, and say yes to new experiences, amazing things can happen.
In this story, a child is visited by his first chance and unsure what to do with it, he lets it go. Later on, when a new chance arrives he reaches for it, but this time he misses and falls. Embarrassed and afraid, he begins ignoring each new chance that comes by, even though he still wants to take them. Then one day he realizes that he doesn't need to be brave all the time, just at the right time, to find out what amazing things can happen when he takes a chance
The final addition to the award-winning What Do You Do With…? picture book series created by New York Times best-selling author Kobi Yamada and illustrator by Mae Besom, What Do You Do With a Chance? inspires kids of all ages and parents alike to find the courage to go for the opportunities that come their way. Because you never know when a chance, once taken, might be the one to change everything.
Praise for What Do You Do With a Chance?
- “This is a simple tale with a big message: about embracing life, overcoming fears and insecurities, and flying free.”—Foreword Reviews
- “This is a book that will grow with readers: use it to inspire conversations of a philosophical nature as well as for practical problem-solving.”—Kirkus Reviews
- “A read-aloud worthy of repeated reading, Yamada and Besom once again urge young readers to live inspired lives, to face their fears, and to know that the full range of their feelings makes them human.”—The Children’s Bookshelf
- “Children of all ages will be inspired to take chances as it ‘just might be the start of something incredible.”—School Library Journal
- “Yamada’s relatable story urges readers of all ages to take the chances that come their way—they could be the start of something incredible.”—BookPage